|Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Abyss was originally created in 2003 on MSN Groups. It was rebooted and has been active since July 2013. It is a supernatural creature, modern fantasy RPG that takes place in a fictional Northwest US Coast city.
2. Profiles are NOT required to be accepted in order to post - Unless your behavior on the forum raises a red flag, admins will skim and move the character app to the appropriate species section. If the admins have any concerns with the character, we will PM you.
3. This is an open RP. If a thread is considered private, state in the POST DESCRIPTION. If you see a thread marked 'private' do not post unless invited to that thread. Label any posts accordingly, whether it's open to other member or closed to only specific ones.
4. There will be NO tolerance of any form of prejudice - We're all just usernames and avatars on here. If there is any known prejudice going on, the offender will be permanently banned.
5.You can use any sort of image for a play by, whether it is a real life claim, an anime character, an illustration or anything in between. Just make sure it's not taken! More detail at Getting Started.
6.Interacting with NPCs and member created characters - When NPCs are placed in play they can be interacted with by all members in the thread. Damage or death of an NPC or character is up to the discretion of the member who created those characters. DO NOT destroy another player's character without their permission.
7.The Character Tracker is REQUIRED for your character(s). It gives you and the admins an easy way of keeping up with characters and, if under scrutiny, how often they're used.
8. Activity - Once a month we will conduct an activity check by making a post in the Activity Check forum. Once the post is up, members will have 7 DAYS from when the post was created to make a response to that thread to ensure they are still active, with the exception to members who have posted in ABSENCES. After missing one activity check, members will receive a warning email with ONE WEEK to rectify and resume activity. After TWO missed checks, membership will be terminated and all remaining open threads and characters will be archived.
9. Skipping - If a thread involves 3 or more members, members have the 'skipping' option. If it has been longer than 7 days since the last response, that person in the rotation may be 'skipped' for lack of activity. The posting rotation will go back to normal afterwards.
- Members will be notified of being skipped by a PM from the Admins.
- Members may also request to be skipped by posting in the SHOUT BOX, listing the thread they wish to be skipped in and a simple message. "PLEASE SKIP"
10. NO GODMODING. No godmoding. NOGODMODING - In roleplay, you can only control and move YOUR character, unless given explicit permission from the other role-player to do so.
i. Hate, threats, harassment, violence, racial intolerance, or advocate against any individual, group, or organization.
ii. Hacking/Exploits/cracking Content
iii. Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
iv. Gambling or casino-related Content
v. Any other Content that promotes, or is illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
vi. Terrorist Activity
vii. "Warez" software
viii. Any infringement of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right
This is in regards to OUT of CHARACTER interaction.
When it comes to creating a character, we have only a few restrictions:
i. You are NOT the strongest. You are NOT the oldest. You are NOT the first - When creating your character, keep in mind that you are not to be over powered in any way.
ii. God and Satan/Lucifer/etc are off limits - For obvious reasons, characters like this will not be given to one person to control.
iii. Your character cannot be over powered - When assigning characters abilities give them limitations that counteract that ability. Create balanced and interesting characters. No one wants to RP with a character that happens to know everything or can just side step every single attack.
iv. When you create a character, USE THEM - Create a character you are excited to use and invested in. If you don't post with your newly created character after two weeks of creating their profile, the claim will be freed up and the character moved to the Character Graveyard, with exceptions that may be granted by admins, if you ask. You can reply to the post there if you desire to revive the character. More specific rules to that process are listed .
v. If you want your character to be a faction leader, reply to the thread 'Requesting Leadership' in the 'Factions' board. It is up to admin discretion to approve or deny your leadership.
i. Avoid hot topics - The world around us is crazy and scary. Many members here at Abyss use us as an escape from the stresses of real life. Topics that have potential for excessively heated debate are to be avoided in Chat. This includes religion and politics. If it starts to lean that way, take it to Private Messaging (PM)
ii. No inappropriate images - Keep the chat posted images Safe For Work (SFW). Basically, if one of your parents walked in on you looking at that picture, and they'd be upset, don't post it. Some of us sneak on at work and we don't need someone else's porn showing up on the screen when the boss walks by.
iii. No videos - They're just kind of annoying and Chatango doesn't handle them very well. We have a General Board that you can post a link to any videos you want to share there. I mean you can't even full screen it.
iv. LISTEN TO YOUR ADMINS - If Runie or ManiacMidget ask for you to curb a discussion, then that discussion is over. We're all adults, and we are not babysitters, so just don't be a dick or a bully.